Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blog Number One - The Stage Setter


Picking a favorite place is a difficult task for me.  I grew up in a suburb twenty miles south of Minneapolis.  I have a favorite place in Minneapolis - Lake Calhoun.  Then I moved to California for a year after high school to snowboard.  The chairlift on a powder day - another favorite spot.  After California I went to college in Duluth on the southern tip of Lake Superior.  All the way out on Park Point Beach was my favorite place there.  I student taught in New Zealand.  The top of Te Mata peak, ten minutes from my house there was my favorite place in New Zealand.  Now I'm in Tununak, Alaska.  This time, down along the beach just outside my door, searching for fossils, waiting for the sunset.  There can't be one favorite place.  It's just nice to be able to be happy and excited about the world you are living in at the time.  I look forward to finding more favorite places in this world.
Fossils of leaves where there are no trees.
Tununak.  Sunset.












Oh, and sometimes it's windy.  Really windy in Tununak.

2 comments: